Antenuptial contracts is the bedrock of what we believe to be the cornerstones of successful relationships. What is an antenuptial contract? (“ANC”), also called a “Pre-nuptial contract”. This contract stipulates how you engage in financial matters after marriage, how you transact with third parties and directs how your assets will be distributed not only on divorce but also on death.
Types of marriages in South Africa
We can help you choose which type of marriage contract is best suited to your situation.
There are three matrimonial options:
1. Marriage in community of property
2. Marriage out of community of property
3. Marriage out of community of property subject to the accrual systembr AND
Your marriage will automatically be one in community of property if you choose to marry without a marriage contract (an antenuptial contract or ‘ANC’).
If you decide to marry out of community of property, you need to approach a notary to draw up an ANC which is registered in the Deeds Office. Contact Us
If you enter into an ANC the marriage will automatically be subject to the accrual system unless you specifically exclude this from your contract.
You must sign the ANC before you get married.
Marriage Contracts Online.
If you already know which contract you would prefer -
1. you can purchase your Marriage Contract, online.
2. Our inclusive fee is R1990.
Choose from the drop down menu the marriage contract of your choice.
1. marry out of community of property. (This includes includes accruel)
2. marry out of community of property excluding accruel
3. marry in community of property. (sharing all liabilities and assests in the present and future.)
To proceed, click on the “Add to basket” icon below and pay the R1990 via your credit card.
Once the payment is approved, the system will send you a link
click the link which will take you to the doument page (marriage contract page).
Complete the form - Insert your name/s, identity details, etc.
The system will generate your marriage contract and email it to us for approval.
Once approved by our Attorney, we will return it to you, by email, for signature. Together with a power of attorney letter.
The system will prepare-:
1. a power of attorney letter and
2. the marriage contract for you and your fiancé
Once you receive these two documents, print them, sign, scan and email back to us.
The power of attorney letter, mandates us to appear before our notary on your behalf.
In exchange for the signed power of attorney, we will hand you a letter addressed to the marriage officer.
This is all you need to get married.
In due course, the marriage contract will come out of the deeds office when we will contact you to collect it.
If you live outside the Durban area there would be an additional small charge to courier the ANC to you when it comes out of the Deeds Office.
1.To preserve and protect your privacy you will not reflect your net worth in the marriage contract.
2. If you choose the option of a marriage contract, with accrual, and wish to exclude assets,
3. The system will request you to list your assets and their approximate values.
4. Describe your assets in detail along the lines of this template.
NB. The above expalined online service is being developed.
Appointment with our attorneys If you prefer to meet with us, our inclusive fee for drafting the ANC and having it registered in the Deeds office ANC is R2975.
This includes a meeting at our office with you and your fiancé where we advise you of the various options and act as a facilitator.
Once both of you have reached an agreement, we prepare the contract while you wait and the contract is then signed and later lodged in the Deeds Office for registration.
Mobile 083 776 8584
SEND EMAIL for an Appointment with one of our attorneys.
See the Matrimonial Property Act that governs ANC’s.