Winding an Estate
  • Home
  • Winding an Estate

Financial Affairs

Winding an estate means an attorney has to ensure an orderly winding up of the financial affairs of the deceased, and the protection of all financial interests of the heirs. A deceased estate is effective when a person dies leaving property and or finacial interests, and a document which is a will or purports to be a will.

Who inherits the assets when there is no will?

The rules of intestacy applies when a person dies without leaving a valid will, their property (the estate) must be shared out according to certain rules.

These are called the rules of intestacy.
A person who dies without leaving a will is called an intestate person.

After someone dies, someone (called the deceased person's 'executor' or 'administrator')
must deal with their money and property (the deceased person's 'estate').

 They need to pay the deceased person's taxes and debts,
and distribute his or her money and property to the people entitled to it.

Email Us
To assist you winding an estate.
Telephone 083 776 8584 to make an appointment with our attorneys.

Alternatively you may engage with us to

carry out your instructions online and telphonically.